Did I mention I am a surfing legend? In my own mind? It’s true.
Dan and I went surfing. For 2 hours. We opted for a semi-private (two person) lesson, it seemed like our best bet to get up on a wave.
Little did we know that:
1. The instructors would be fabulous
2. We would get up on many waves
3. When you surf a wave, you have to swim back out to the instructor, using muscles you have never used in your life (if you are us)
4. When there are only two people surfing, it’s always your turn
5. No mere mortal can surf for two hours without repercussions
Given our exhaustion, it seemed fitting that we eat dinner out of one of the famed North Shore Shrimp Trucks. We were not changing for dinner at this point. Giovanni’s is the original, and the perfect cap on the workout of your life. I also found a bakery up the road that had great dessert options we took back for later.
Still riding the surfing high (hey, we have desk jobs) we had some post-dinner celebratory drinks on the resort and met an endless stream of entertaining people who talked endlessly about their love for this island.
Hans Hedemann Surf School @ Turtle Bay. 57 Kamehameha Hwy. Kahuku, HI.
Giovanni’s Shrimp Truck. 56-505 Kamehameha Highway Kahuku, HI.
Ted’s Bakery. 59-024 Kamehameha Hwy. Sunset Beach, HI
Short URL for this post: http://tmblr.co/Zv9mlxOVlaJm